September 10, 2013

Blackmagic Design DeckLink Mini Recorder - PCIe Capture Card for 3G-SDI and HDMI

Originally submitted at Adorama

Blackmagic Design DeckLink Mini Recorder - PCIe Capture Card for 3G-SDI and HDMI

Good bang for the buck
By AVS from Campbell, CA on 9/10/2013


4out of 5
Pros: Smooth Instalation, Video Quality, Price
Cons: Not Plug-n-play For Hdmi
Primary use: Business
Computer Platform: PC
Installation went smoothly with no hickups. I use it with HDMI for live HD streaming with UStream Producer. You really need to understandthe format of the signal coming in and set it manually in the software preferences. Oh and it defaults to SDI! There is no plug-and-play in this respect. E.g. my DSLR outputs 1080i and I need to set it in preferences to see the picture. If I change DSLR to 720p, corresponding change has to be made as well.
I intend to investigate its use for recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment