July 1, 2015

Event: Vit Gutkin Concert @Samovar


Let me make sure I get it right.  A fantastic musician who grew up in Moscow, Russia, and now lives in Jerusalem, Israel, signs samba in Portuguese to a mostly Russian audience in the heart of Silicon Valley, California.  God, I love this country!  The developed clips after jump....
And here they are:

Here are my technical notes.  What worked and did not.
Worked well:
  • GH4 footage is good.  Manual focus worked most of the time.  When the focus is good I can crop 1080p frame of adequate quality.
  • Tascam DR-60DmkII recorder plugged into the house amp worked fabulously well.
  • Sony PCM-M10 recorder worked well for the audience recording.
Need improvement:
  • Operator (that would be me) errors with focus.  Too numerous to dwell into.  Need to set GH4 for manual activation of autofocus.
  • I am still unhappy with color matching of GH4 and Sony HF G10/20.  I need to get a second GH4 body!
That's it folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment