September 21, 2015

Theater Production of Чиполлино

This was my first time work with this theater studio.  And the first time at this venue - Mountain View Center for The Performing Arts.  Both are fantastic!  Loved, loved, loved stage in the middle and the way lights are set up - no problems with shadows under the eyes.
I was shooting with 4 cameras.  I was positioned in the middle of the top row with G7 shooting wide (12-35 f2.8 lens used at f4.5, iso400) and GH4 shooting tele (35-100 f2.8 lens used at f2.8, iso400).  On the left I had G20 for a wide side view.  For the first time I use GoPro Hero trained at the band - piano payer to be exact.  Audio was recorded on a Sony PCM-M10 recorder suspended about 10ft above the stage.


What worked:
  • Loved the production!  Enthusiastic actors, original score and music, fantastic musicians. I want to shoot more of their work.
  • camera positioning
  • manning two (tele and wide) cameras at the same time
  • shooting band
  • cropping 1080p out of 4K for a narrow view of a wide shot
What I missed:
  • Failed to adjust focus for actions in the front part of the stage.  4K wide shot provided for a nice backup.
  • GoPro settings.
  • Bleachers are bad.  Noisy and shaky.
Finished clips...


No comments:

Post a Comment