August 9, 2015

TheaterYou production of «Трудные Люди»


Happy to work on another production of this wonderful theater.

This is an intimate hall with spectators sitting on the bleachers very close to the stage. The last row of bleachers is only 19 feet away from the stage.   The bleachers are a bit shaky though and I decided to not attach camera to those.

I used three cameras.

Left camera, Canon HF G20, was positioned in front of the first row.  Yet it offered a nice perspective.  Color matching with GH4 and G7 was problematic and therefore I tried to minimize the footage I used.  G20 has characteristically blown highlights which I do not particularly care for.

Central camera, GH4 was positioned on a tall light stand behind the bleachers.  White balance and exposure were set using a white card.  I used 12-35mm 2.8 lens at 12mm and ISO 200.  Light stand proved to be not steady enough - few people bumped into it and after such collision shaking continued for more than a minute -  need to investigate an option of dampening stand's oscillation.  I focused camera manually.  Given that this lens focus is "by-wire", power cycling requires refocusing.

The only manned camera was on the tripod, on the right top of the bleachers.   This was G7 with a 25mm F1.4 prime lens.  I used it at F2 and ISO 200.  Bleachers were shaky enough for the shakiness to be reflected in the footage.  Not bad enough to ruin it though.

In the post I used opportunity to 2x zoom when necessary.  It worked.  That is when I had the action in focus.

Here is the end result.



No comments:

Post a Comment