October 29, 2012

Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photo Walk in Campbell

This year I got back to leading a photo walk in Campbell.  We got lucky and the date of the photowalk, October 13, fell right on Octoberfest, which is a big deal in our neck of the woods.  It was nice to see familiar faces and welcome new ones.
While taking pictures of junk cars in the middle of Campbell (I was always wondering how come they are there in the first place!) I was confronted by the property owner Paul Del Grande.  The situation was quickly defused after I asked Paul for permission to take pictures of his sign, his cars and himself.    I am glad I did!  Paul proved to be a fascinating guy!  Now in his 80s, Paul spent the last 20 years of his life in a constant litigation with the city of Campbell.  The city tries to force Paul to remove junk cars from his lot which became a prime piece of real estate.  Paul usually looses in court but then finds the way to back out of the deal. 

Hint: if you want to sell your car and look for a nice place to park it so that everyone driving through downtown could admire it - Paul is your man.  I ask for no commission.  You do not have to tell Paul I sent you.

Here more photos from the photowalk participants:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmzajac2004/8085016573/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikov/sets/72157631764926030/


No comments:

Post a Comment